Monday, November 30, 2009

Responses: Part II

So, I got some more feedback today from people taking this creative writing class with me (see the last blog if you have no clue what I'm talking about). But yea, I didn't really feel the need to be even more self centered and report back more of things written to and about me, but the first response of today's few I got today made me go "HA!"

This guy wrote: "I'm not sure if you've ever read Charles Bukowski, but you write like you could be his son." If you've read the bio I wrote for myself on this blog, you'd understand why I found humor in this statement. He even quoted a good quote from Bukowski of "The nine-to-five is one of the greatest atrocities sprung upon mankind. You give your life away to a function that doesn't interest you. This situation so repelled me that I was driven to drink, starvation, and mad females, simply as an alternative." Damn fucking straight. This kid was also the only person to say basically fuck the classic story arch and was the only person NOT to tell me my "character" didn't change which he is apparently supposed to.

Another person wrote they didn't like the title, but suggested something less up front like "Supersize... NOT me." Eh, whatever.

The other two responses I got besides the two above mentioned weren't anything too WOW inspiring for me to comment in here.

Now, if you'll excuse me. I have to go back to being cocooned in my blanket, coughing my lungs up, listening to Nofx's mystic records era crap and watching "real wolfman" on history channel... dammit. It's over. Something on the abominable snowman. Eh, still good. Gotta love cryptozoology.

No comments:

Post a Comment