Monday, February 8, 2010

Pooper Bowl

Jesus. Things not to do. Drink about 5+ shots of Jager after taking a bottle of vodka down like a champ. Oh, and Cash and JV introduced me to something that I imagine would've gotten me pant-shitting drunk if I had more than the few sips I took of it. What is it? a little something called Patron and Mountain Dew. It is surprisingly not bad, and this is coming from someone who treats tequila like it's the holy water to my vampire.

I was supposed to wake up at 6:30 this morning... obviously that did not happen. 2 alarms and a slew of texts going off and I did NOT wake up. I went to my advertising class I'm taking. Showed up right on time... and that was because the one parking spot left in all of Harlem was a no parking on Mondays between the hours the class was. Fucking 45 dollar ticket receiving joy!

Do you know an hour of advertising class was for me today? Trying not to puke and repeatedly just turning it into the Ramy comedy hour special/the how long can I try and not puke marathon. I am starting to think the teacher doesn't like my adverse advertising approach to the class. Things like "hey fucker, lets get fucking drunk" as a Budwiser commercial idea.

The night before was horrendous. It started with me, Mike and Scott headed to the city in my mom's car that I borrowed.As we're about to go past the Yonkers toll, I get a call from TJ. I told Mike to answer it. Apparently I as supposed to pick him up and I was too tired to realize this. The drive there was bad. I was just zoning out and not paying any attention. We almost crashed cutting around some guy cause instead of slowing down, I decided to gun it and take the off ramp extremely hard and fast. All you heard was tires screeching almost the entire bend of the off-ramp.

Then, I don't listen to where we're going. First, if I wasn't told right before the exit on the FDR, we would've missed it. Then, I park on 52nd and 2nd. Where did we have to go? 56th between 5th and 6th. We walked that in the freezing cold. We met up Dan, Romil and Mike Dani (fuck, I guess I'll just refer to the 2 Mikes by their last names, since unlike me, they don't have awesome nicknames to be called by... yes, my real name is Mike, deal with it).

Anyway, so we went to this place and kept ordering rounds. I was doing shots of Jager and chasing em with vodka sodas. (now that I think of it, doing that shit for 2 nights in a row is probably why my kidney is killing me). Anyway, we hung out there for a while then, when Meredith met us up, we split up into 2 cabs to head to another bar. I don't have any recollection of where this bar was or what it's name was. Oh wait, I'm a fucking idiot. It was in Murray Hill, right next to 515 I think?

I dunno. We got pretty blitzed. We stayed there til closing time. I left and got pizza with TJ. Mike went off somewhere, and so did Dan. Apparently I was supposed to drive Dan home? I didn't know he called me til I got home and saw I had all these missed calls and texts from him. I fucking hate not having my phone on a clip. I never feel it vibrating in my pocket. Then again, not like I ever answer my phone unless I'm home and bored outta my mind... and not sleeping.

But yea, I left Scott and Meredith in the city cause I was tired of waiting for them as me and TJ just sat next to my mom's car chain smoking and complaining about how bitterly cold it was.

And, what am I doing today? It's Janell's birthday, so in true Eddie and Janell fashion, they wanna go to Off the Wagon for their dollar beer special. Scott and I are gonna go and it's gonna be redonky (that's ridiculous for those of you that don't speak Ramy Retard). I basically I say this cause Scott is driving and I'm just gonna get extra sloppy.

Ugh, I've got to shave today... maybe. Ok, yea. My face is fucking itchy as fuck right now.

Also, as a PSA, I must say that everyone has got to listen to more Gorilla Biscuits. One of THE best New York hardcore bands.I've been listening to nothing but Start Today and this bootleg called "Walter Sings the Hits" which is basically the band, sans Civ, playing Start Today, live in a rehearsal room and with Walter singing instead of Civ (ok, so the title track "Start Today" is an instrumental on this bootleg and they didn't do First Failure or Sitting Around At Home). BUT, there's more on it too. It also has the Moondog 7". Who is Moondog, you ask? It's the band Walter Schreifels was in after Gorilla Biscuits which basically went no where but Walter basically turned it into a band you may know, Quicksand. One of the best post-hardcore bands in my opinion. Then, on top of THAT there's 2 live 7" bootlegs on there and it ends with some demos from 86 and 87, but they suck cause it sounds like a skipping cd or more likely, was a cassette tape getting stuck in the tape deck as it was being transferred to CD. I don't really care cause those demos had no life to them like the official albums have. That, and I have the 86 demos already, so I don't care.

So yea, if you're a GB fan, you should MOST DEFINITELY download it... if you're too lazy, just ask me and I'll email it to you or something.

No comments:

Post a Comment